Over the past decade, ICBW has had many volunteers including Leslie Kung (2008-10), Renee Roso (2009-16), Cami Fuller (2013-14), and Hai Huynh (2013-16). Babywearing is a short phase in the life of many parents and caregivers, as families grow and change so too do their priorities– ICBW takes this into account when taking on new volunteers by offering small jobs that can be taken on by many volunteers with a regular turn around. Volunteering with ICBW can be as big, or as small, of a commitment as you are comfortable with.
Volunteering with ICBW can help alleviate some of the mental boredom and loneliness that may arise when taking time off from paid employment to care for a child. Our volunteers may develop or maintain work-related skills and build networks in the community through a well-established community organization like ICBW. For example, if you have always wanted to write about your babywearing experience, you can be a guest blogger with our site– or if you want to learn about photography, you can volunteer as a photographer for our group events. We are happy to provide professional references for our volunteers.
How to Volunteer?
Sometimes we will make a call for volunteers for a specific project. However, there are a few areas which ICBW can use volunteer assistance on an on-going basis:
- Facebook group(s) moderation
- Social Media Promotion
- Meetings/ Events
- requesting meeting rooms or park shelters for meetings
- greeting and assisting guests at meetings
- moderating the live stream of meetings (i.e. holding phone/camera, narrating, and screening questions/comments)
- set up and clean up before and after meetings
- When volunteers are available ICBW enjoys offering additional events for the community including cook-outs, mall-or-trail walking, camping weekends, pool/splash pad afternoons, and more. If you would like to take on hosting a regular event please let us now.
- Filmography and Photography
- help create content for the group
- take video and photos at events
- loaning equipment/expertise
- graphic design, photo- and video-editing
- adults, infants, or children to model for educational photos or videos
- Outreach/ Networking
- working with other local groups and businesses on behalf of ICBW
There are some basic guidelines for our volunteers to ensure efficient running of the group and consistent member experience. For example, all volunteers will be interviewed to ensure a good fit with our group and understanding of the ICBW ethos. For those interested in volunteering at our meetings or other events, we will perform a basic background check. Information obtained will remain strictly confidential. We do a background check to ensure the safety of everyone who attends our meetings.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact us using the form below. We will review your request and send you a copy of our Volunteer Guidelines to review. We look forward to hearing from you and thank you!